Hotel Kappara is conveniently located within walking distance from the University of Malta Campus. Special rates are offered to students who choose to reside at the hotel for the duration of a full semester or the entire academic year, as outlined below. For shorter stays for students, kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodation is provided either in a standard sharing room (twin) or in a single room (all rooms are en suite).
Academic Year 2018 – 2019 The rates below are inclusive of VAT but exclude any form of government tax that may be introduced throughout the year.
Students effecting payment PRIOR to arrival will be entitled to the special rate.
Overseas students are advised to take note of the Orientation day, dates* set by the International Office (University of Malta). It is recommended to book any extra nights in advance.
Semester 1: 20th September to 10th February (143 days) *Orientation day: 22nd September
Semester 2: 7th February to 30th June (143 days) *Orientation day: 2nd February
Academic Year: 20th September to 30th June (283 days)
|1st Semester Package||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
|2nd Semester Package||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
|Academic Year Package||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
All rates include:
- Housekeeping (cleaning of bedroom is done once a week).
- Linen, sheets and towels
- Maintenance, water and electricity
- Cable T.V
- Use of swimming pool
Student Rates and Special Packages SPECIAL OFFER: The Hotel is offering a Special Early Payment Package for students who pay for the semester or academic year PRIOR to arrival, via bank transfer. NO CONCESSIONS ON THIS PACKAGE WILL BE MADE FOR LATE PAYMENT. Students paying on arrival will have to pay the non-discounted package rate.
Terms & Conditions:
- Rates are on self catering basis and inclusive of all taxes but excluding eco tax. (includes use of kitchenette).
- Accommodation beyond the 30th of June will be charged at summer rates, and subject to availability.
- Students who leave the Hotel, whether it being of their own accord or due to dismissal, before the 10th of February in the case of the 1st semester and the 30th June, in the case of the 2nd semester, will not receive a refund (accommodation nor deposit).
- Any students who leave the Hotel prior to their original departure date, will only be allowed limited access into the Hotel.
- Unless you are paying before arrival, in order to secure your booking, it must be backed by a deposit of €200 or US Dollar equivalent. This must reach the Hotel before the arrival of the student, as otherwise there is no guarantee of a place.
- Booking cancellations after the 31st July 2018 will not have their €200 deposit refunded.
- The above rates are subject to change prior to receiving confirmation of booking against full payment.
Kindly note that on the 20th of June 2016 the Government introduced ‘eco tax’. Guests will be asked to pay 0.50c per person per day, capped at €5 on check-in.